Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL questions
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:07:44 -0400 (EDT)

i cannot compare the CL with the CLE, but if you have questions relating
to the CLE, i'll be happy to try to answer them.  I've had a CLE before i owned
a leica.  my lens compatibility experience is limited to the 90 summicron,
the 21 and the 28, all 80's vintage.

in theory, the CLE's mode of metering
seems more elegant than the CL (or M5), and more similar to the M6's
method.  actually, the CLE's metering method measures ambient light off the
film itself, which excited the people at modern photography no end back then.
i think only the automatic OM2 and 4 and the pentax LX did this.  noawadays
only flash is measured this way (TTL).

- -rei

Replies: Reply from "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica CL questions)