Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:19:22 -0600

This is a very common problem on the old Winders but it can be fixed. The
reason it is noisy is that it was not adjusted properly (or went out of
adjustment) and the excess motion of the motor assembly beat the stuffing
out of the foam insulation. Now the motor torques over and smacks the
housing. A very scary noise but not that serious really. Disassemble, adjust
the switches and replace the foam. Now you have a quiet, albeit quirky,
winder.

John Collier