Subject: [Leica] LUG: CL Question
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:57:24 -0600

My CL has an interesting little feature for which I haven't found an
explanation. At the top of the meter window is a little wide spot, like the
wide spot at the middle to indicate when exposure is accurate. Sometimes a
little armature moves in to block that wide spot when the shutter speed is
'just right.' Not at any particular shutter speed (I first thought), but
once in a while, and only at one shutter speed.

After some experimenting, it turns out that it chooses the shutter speed
which is closest to the ASA, which makes me think it's some sort of 'Sunny
16' exposure indicator....

Does anyone have the Official Word?

Replies: Reply from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG: CL Question)