Subject: [Leica] Missing spring
From: Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 09:00:04 -0700

There is a spring that was in the take up spool of my M4-2.  It has
dissapeared. Probably fell out when I was changing film in the field.

I suspect it was broken - it should have been captured by the screw at
the bottom of the spool.

What is its purpose?  I presume it tries to place the leader at the
outer end of the spool so the film will not start wrapping around the
spool crooked.  And is a spring to accomodate different widths of
leader.

How do I get a replacement spring?

Can I replace it myself, or do I send the camera for repair - and this
is the incentive to get another body, otherwise I'm Leicaless for weeks?

If it must go for repair, where? Back to Keeble & Shuchat (Palo Alto)?

- --
Dave Hillman
http:/www.hillmanimgages.com/bw/

Replies: Reply from Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com> (Re: [Leica] Missing spring)