Subject: [Leica] Leica-Panasonic digital camera plans?
From: Ernest Murphy <ernestmurphy@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:51:29 -1000

I don't get a chance to read every LUG digest I get, so forgive me if
this question has been asked and discussed already.

The question: Leica and Panasonic have announced plans to introduce
digital cameras as early as this autumn, presumably with Leica optics
and Panasonic electronics, made by Panasonic (Matsushita) in Japan:
Press release quoted Leica CEO Cohn as saying the deal would combine
Leica's optical knowhow with Panasonic's electronic expertise, etc.

Anybody know anything more about this development?

Ernest Murphy
Leica-using lurker