Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:11:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/01 5:52:52 PM, mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

>And Mamiya has never made me go "wow."
>but nowadays with computer design I"ms sure they're more than OK alntough
>not
>something I'd think of passing down to my grandchildren. Should i choose
>accept them.
>A Zeiss or Schneider lens gets my attention. A large format Nikkor lens
>gets my attention.
>Mamiya! how i don't love ya!
>

>Mark Rabiner
>
>Portland, Oregon
>USA
>
>http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

I guess it's all a matter of what you're looking for and what makes one go
"WOW."

Herb Ritts shot the 1999 Pirelli calendar using a Mamiya RZ... a number of
shots using the 150/3.5.    I'm not sure about you, but when I saw the
calendar, I certainly said, amongst other things..."WOW!"

Kim

<--who incidentally, is now the proud new mother of a 9 lb 4 ounce baby
Noctilux.  Mother and baby are recuperating well after an unsuccessful
attempt at lifting the very HEAVY lens.   Further updates forthcoming.

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format)
Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> ([Leica] Nocti-baby was: Leica Quality versus Medium Format)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format)