Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 90 ASPH
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:51:11 +0100

Sorry, I can't compare the 90 APO to the other lenses that you mentioned but
I have used he 90 APO extensively for portraits of my own family and for
other portrait work.  In 35mm terms, and I have used Nikon, Canon, Minolta
and Olympus lenses between 80 and 105mm for portraits, I truly believe it is
the finest portrait lens I have used.  Stunning clarity, sharpness etc. etc.
If I was to take portraits with a final print size of 10x8 and had a choice
of my Hassellad 150 or 180 versus the 90 APO, I would go with the 90 any
time.  It is sharp, very sharp, but just seems to be kinder to the subject
that the 'I can see every pore and blemish' sharpness of the Hasselblad
lenses.  I know we are talking different formats here, but the 90 APO is a
lens that stands apart from the crowd.

Now I suspect the 75 Summilux fans will have their owns views on this, but
as a poor Leica user, I spent my money on the 90 and I have never regretted
it.

Just out of idle curiosity, why did you invite responses off list.  The
mxsanthonykielmanicwhatever and his prattling on and baiting diatribes that
interest no-one (not that I am bored of it, you understand ;-) ).

Simon

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] APO 90 ASPH)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> ([Leica] APO 90 ASPH)