Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Equipment question....
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:57:52 -0400

At 10:16 PM 7/26/01 -0700, Gary Todoroff wrote:
>Just acquired an M3, #700721, probably made in the first week or two of
>production in 1954. The original owner (95 yrs old!) told me it was the
>first M3 to come to a photo shop in Berlin when he was visiting a fellow
>pilot at Templehof.

Gary

This REALLY is a collectible, due to its being the 722nd production M3.  My
first Leica M was 704523, a beater;  I am still shocked at how I was mugged
for it at a camera show.  It wasn't for sale, but the big dealers got into
a fight for it simply due to the serial number, and I caved in to the
Ultimate Pressure, wads of green cash waved under my nose.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Message from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re[2]: [Leica] Equipment question....)