Subject: Re: [Leica] Old 19/2.8-R and 21/4.0-R???
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2001 15:23:25 -0700

On Thu, 26 July 2001, "Richard W. Hemingway" wrote:

> Does anyone have either of the above lenses?  How are they???  I have read
> about them in 3-4 Leica books that I have.  I have heard that the newest
> 19/2.8-R is a superb lens, however, it is a little beyond my pocket book
> right now and I have been wondering about the older one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick Hemingway
> Plano, TX

I have the 21mm f/4 lens.  I haven't tested the limits of its optical properties but so far I've been pleased with its performance.  My understanding is that it's difficult to use filters with the early 19mm lens.  My review of the 21 is at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/21R40.HTM

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com