Subject: Re: [Leica] re: digital noctilux vs 10X faster films?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:57:22 +0200

Daniel writes:

> ... exposing Tri-X to a green safelight for
> a few seconds sure did inprove the shadow detail
> of our night-time shots of the high school
> football team!!

How were you able to do this logistically?  Did you actually pull the film out
of the cartridge under the safelight, expose it, then wind it back up, or what?
Was the effect permanent, or did you have to expose the film within a certain
time in order to profit from the flashing?

If the effect was permanent, and not temporary, I have to wonder why
manufacturers don't do this at the factory in order to increase sensitivity.
Are there other drawbacks?

Message from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] re: digital noctilux vs 10X faster films?)
Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] re: digital noctilux vs 10X faster films?)
Message from "Daniel Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] re: digital noctilux vs 10X faster films?)