Subject: RE: [Leica] digital M
From: "George Day" <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:59:05 -0700

Well, there's another issue, too -- although I hardly think it would ever
matter for 35mm hand-held photography.  From what I undersand (and I'm NOT
an optics expert), light from traditional optics resolves rather differently
on CCDs than on film.  That's because the CCD is in the form of,
essentially, a gridwork instead of a continual plane.  That's why Rodenstock
and Schneider are coming up with a line of LF lenses for digital work (that,
or it's all marketing!).

I'd appreciate commentary on this from someone with more technical
knowledge.

George