Subject: [Leica] RE slide scanners redux
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:51:54 -0400

The first version software did have that problem with focus.  There is now
an upgrade on the Kodak site which allows you to focus wherever you want or
cringe, autofocus before each scan.  At the time I bought the RFS the
Polaroid was the other alternative, however my dealer made the choice real
easy.

I do use the scanner pretty frequently on film strips. However, I cut my
film into strips of 6 and sleeve them.  Doing that cuts way down on dust and
scratches.  I find that I usually only scan two or three images from a roll
of 36 as my working style usually involves shooting the same subject every
way I can imagine which results in just a few "best" images.

The world is a big place, there is a choice out there for all of us, and we
all don't have to like the same things.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com