Subject: Re: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:05:13 -0700

Jorg Willems wrote:

> That's news to me!
> I thought that square root of 2 always constitutes one stop.
>
><Snip>

I think the issue is that the real practice does not add up what the numbers say.
This might be the case with an old Canon lens perhaps.
So people would say why pay for all that heavy glass when it's only a half stop
anyway in real practice.
But as far as the newer Noctiluxs go Erwin tested out a true one stop increase.
You'd you'd be getting what you'd pay for.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/