Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: cleaning...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:50:35 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> Brenda's boss, Ernst Hartmann, uses hot moist breath and a chamois. And
> scrubs and scrubs and scrubs. The faint of heart daren't watch.
>
> Jim

That's my technique. I breath heavy on a lens first. The wipe.

But a women behind the counter at Pro Photo really looked down here nose at me
when i did that.
Her "teacher" at "photo school" had her convinced it was an intensely dumb thing
to do.
I asked her why she mumbled somthing which sounded reasonably intelligent what i
could hear of it but which i choose to ignore.
Ignorance is bliss. And I'll take it over arrogance any day. My front elements
all seem just fine some after 35 years of use.

An extreme example of "its not what you say it's how you say it."

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/