Subject: Re: [Leica] Proffered: A little modification
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:15:27 -0500

> My first lens was a chrome summarit. On the focusing ring there was a
> little knob used for locking it at infinity. In the small amount of time
> that I used the summarit I was able to know where I was focused easily
> before I put the camera to my eye just by feeling the nob. Now that I have
> a new summicron I have to go all the way to infinity or .7 meters and work
> my way back to guess what I am focusing at. Now for the question. Has
> anyone put a marker of sorts on the focusing ring to make focusing faster?
> What do you use? how do you attach it? I was thinking that I could put a
> drop of solder on the ring but I have no idea if it would stick. Tape is
> too temporary. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> David Degner

try using a 'tie wrap'. That is a thin piece of plastic normally used to
bundle wiring together, wrap it around your lens and into a do-hicky that
will hold it firmly in place, then snip off the excess and you have an
instant tab. And if you do not like it just cut it off. You can position it
anywhere you want on the lens. Any hardware store would carry them in
different sizes.

sl

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Proffered: A little modification)