Subject: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6
From: tom <thomas@bigdayphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:30:17 -0400

Today I went into Abbey Camera in Silver Spring, MD and handled an M6
for the 1st time. He had the 90/2 out, so I played with that.

The 90/2 seemed to have a pretty stiff focussing ring. Is this standard?
Sample variation?

One thing I noticed when focussing is that it reminded me of....an
autofocus camera.

Please don't shoot me.

On my AF cameras I set it so the middle sensor is the only active one. I
focus over that sensor, then recompose. Same thing with the M6 - focus
the subject, recompose.

Is this the normal way of doing things, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

tv

Replies: Reply from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6)