Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6
From: Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:21:20 +0100

Hi Tom,

> On my AF cameras I set it so the middle sensor is the only active one. I
> focus over that sensor, then recompose. Same thing with the M6 - focus
> the subject, recompose.

> Is this the normal way of doing things, or am I missing something?

you're making a big, big mistake here. The correct way to focus an M
is to see the subject without seeing, compose without composing, close
your eyes and chant 'Om ri kahti ay bress Om' over and over. Then
some Zen stuff happens and, just as snow slides from a bamboo leaf the
picture will take itself. And it will almost be in focus.

Before you even hold an M6 again you must photograph without photographing
for at least 20 years, naked, in the crystal waters of Lake Manasarovar.

This is the way.

- ---

 Bob

mailto:bob@web-options.com