Subject: Re: [Leica] why Don Chatterton left the lug....
From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:22:09 -0400

I think Tri-X is for wimps. I love what Tech-Pan does with my
Noctilux, not to mention my medium format gear. I think most of the
photos posted here are junk, but I haven't posted any of my own or
commented on what's posted. I rarely print above 8x10, but I don't
understand how 35 mm afficionados can think that an 8x10 35 mm
can be as good as a 6x6 in 6x6?? Must be crappy lenses. Get
Rollieflex Xenotar or Zeiss! And when is there going to be a decent
discussion about filters??!? Doesn't anybody use filters to shoot
clouds anymore? Is Red reserved for Ansel Adams? Or for some
blipping place in the Rockies?? I think urban forests in the
Northeast deserve consideration too. I think National Geographic
photographers are not the only ones who know how to use Leica
lenses. But where are the rest? Not on the UG! Is there something
historically valuable about using a Leica? I think so, but I don't see it
here. Politics? Get a backbone, please!!

G.