Subject: Re: [Leica] Using Kodak Technical Pan
From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:41:19 -0400

I tried a number of speeds, thinking I might be able to use a non-
exotic developer. But I found that anything over 25 gave me much
too much contrast (I experimented from 150 down, using both D-76
and HC-110) -- so much contrast that a 00 filter on the enlarger
yielded only barely printable images. But shot at 25 and developed
with Technidol, Techpan gives a nice, smooth negative. Now,
getting exposure right is another thing, still hit or miss for me,
particularly using filters.

Am using a tripod also, btw. Techpan with a Noctilux I find
somewhat hand-holdable; in medium format (Hasselblad) it is not. A
dirt slow film. Beautiful results. Difficult to work with. Expensive. Fun.

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Using Kodak Technical Pan)