Subject: Re: [Leica] hc-110 and ilford hp5? am i crazy?
From: tom <thomas@bigdayphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:50:22 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Kyle Cassidy wrote:
> >
> > is there any reason i shouldn't be using hc-110 (dillution b) and hp5? i
> > admit i have no other reason for using this combo than it provides the
> > shortest development time and i'm a very impatient person.....
> >
> > kc
>
> It's darn convenient but does not compare well to good old D76 1:1!
>
>         ...which in my opinion does not compare very well to Xtol 1:3.

I'm a big XTOL fan, but I find the combo of HP5+/Xtol to be grainy,
clumpy, unsharp and just generally skanky.

tv

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: hc-110 and ilford hp5? am i crazy?)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] hc-110 and ilford hp5? am i crazy?)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] hc-110 and ilford hp5? am i crazy?)