Subject: Re: [Leica] hc-110 and ilford hp5? am i crazy?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:23:42 -0700

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> is there any reason i shouldn't be using hc-110 (dillution b) and hp5? i
> admit i have no other reason for using this combo than it provides the
> shortest development time and i'm a very impatient person.....
>
> kc

It's darn convenient but does not compare well to good old D76 1:1!

	...which in my opinion does not compare very well to Xtol 1:3.

Get an Acculab scale for 99 bucks and you can mix up hundreds of developers in a
minute from scratch.
Remember that chemistry set? Well this is much more fun then turning red litmus
paper blue.

You can mix up Beutlers.
Replace Hydroquinone with ascorbic acid! It's a ball!
Play with Pyro when your parents are not home.

I think of mixing up from scratch the same as using a concentrate. Only the
concentrate is in powered form! (I don't always sweat the higher temperature
some of this stuff is supposed to only dissolve in. It all works out great. Some
of it might dissolve AS it develops in the tank. ...don't tell anybody.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/