Subject: Re: [Leica] Golden Touch Camera Repair
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:48:43 -0500

> Well, after 5 years of medium duty use, I was thinking about having the old
> M6 cla'd. Then on a trip to Montana, the meter failed...
> I was able to make use of Sunny 16 and my slides had an 85% hit rate of good
> exposures. I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't done seat of the pants
> metering since college, and it's nice to know that it's still in the brain.
> Anyway, when I got home, I packaged up the camera and sent it to Sherry at
> Golden Touch. Imagine my surprise 23 days later, when UPS brings me a box.
> In it is my M6, sporting several new parts, and looking like a brand new
> camera. Plus an invoice, saying pay upon receipt. On top of that, the price
> was extremely reasonable.
> Sherry doesn't know me from Adam.
> But after this service, I'll use her forever, and tell everyone else the
> same.
>
> Thank you kindly, Sherry!
>
> Jay Burleson

Yes! Sherry is the best. Last year she did a CLA on a M3 I had bought, when
I got it back there were intermittent scrapes on the film, from roll to
roll, sometimes it would do it, sometimes not. She said to send it back to
her and with a one week turn around time, door-to-door, she completely
disassembled the camera cleaning every part and setting everything to spec.
It now works perfectly.

She also maintains my M2s and has brought them up to mechanically perfect.

Once you become one of Sherry's clients she will go the extra mile to make
your Leicas happy.

sl