Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 flare help
From: Béatrice Mousli <2bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:31:05 +0100

I wrote:

>> - Cover the RF window with your finger (Are you sure you covered the right
>> window: the one with the vertical bevels? This usually does the trick.)

And Dan responded:

>The middle window with the vertical bevels is actually the _framelines_
>window (the rangefinder window is the smallest one to the far left when
>facing the camera).

You're right, of course! It is the frameline window I meant and *not* the
(tiny) RF window.

And as for Ted's question:

>I wonder if it's a thing from later made Leica's, or is it something right
>from the earliest models.  Anyone out there with the opportunity to check
>some of  the older versions with those of today for a similar viewfinder
>flare?

Ted, if you mean "the earliest model's of the M6," I believe that is the
case; at any rate, RF patch flare from what I understand, resulted from
changes made to the M6 rangefinder (don't remember which changes). It does
not affect previous M models. Nor can it be "repaired," according to Leica.

Guy

P.S. Another annoying, intermittent frameline problem with the M6 is the
disappearing right-hand frameline for the 90 mm lens.