Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 flare help
From: Béatrice Mousli <2bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:29:12 +0100

>Having bought two new M6TTLs (.72/.85) three weeks ago I have been
>interested in this flare thread. Yesterday I spent some time trying under
>every lighting circumstance trying to get these cameras to flare. I could
>not induce any flare at all so is it possible that Leica has made some small
>adjustment within the rangefinder?
>
>sl

As I mentioned in my previous message, I recall a Lug discussion of some
time ago in which somebody who had contacted Leica about the problem was
told that the RF could not be adjusted to eliminate the flare. Maybe Erwin
knows more about this...? I'm sure the message is in the archive, but the
"RF patch flare" discussions have been many and voluminious - I wouldn't
want to have to wade through the various messages to dig it up.

I don't wish to make any more of this than it is: an annoying, but
generally easily remedied problem. Sure, I wish it didn't happen at all,
but it does and M6 users have to live with it. If your M6s don't flare,
Steve, enjoy it, and certainly don't waste your time worrying about this
inconvenience. T'ain't worth it.

Guy