Subject: [Leica] Re: attention AOL users
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:01:59 -0500

Brian:

>I own and operate the computing facility that supports these photography
>mailing lists. I'd like to tell AOL users that there is a high probability that
>AOL anti-spam efforts will accidentally block the photography mailing lists in
>the next month or two.

A few years back, I worked at a place where some of our sales guys used AOL
accounts on the road to stay in contact.  Turned out that mail from our
company was blocked.  Never got bounces back.  It just mysteriously
disappeared into the bit bucket.  We tried to talk with AOL.  Somebody else
that was using our ISP was blocked, so all customers of that ISP were
likewise blocked.  We could never resolve the problem with AOL.  They didn't
care that their customers couldn't receive email they wanted to receive.

>Your best bet, long term, is to find some other way besides AOL to read your
>email.

I'd second that.

Eric