Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Not sharp @ f16
From: "Edward Mortimer" <munkfishy2k@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:59:51 -0000

Actually now ive taken a good look at the rear lens element I can see what
before looked like a few dust spots, are actually tiny marks in the lens.
They look like spot etchings, not scatches, but actual marks in the glass.
Or are these marks in the coating on the lens. I can only really see them
when looking through a back to front lens as a powerful magnifing glass.
There are about 4-5 of these nicks on the rear element, how they got there
hell knows. But maybe they only affect picture quality enough to see the
difference when shooting with a small aperature. Can these marks be removed,
ie @ Leica. Has anyone else had scatches/marks repaired, I presume it must
be possible.

Regards
Edd