Subject: Re: [Leica] photography in stores, malls, etc.
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:37:46 -0700

Gee folks,
This is another one of those dumb ass topics that could be easily avoided if
you all went out and took pictures.... wherever!

And if you are on / in someone else's "private space" and they ask you to
stop or leave, why get huffy and all legal rights crap? Just do it, move on!
Go find some place hassle free where you can shoot to your hearts content
having fun taking pictures.

Now don't you think that would be a more peaceful and less stressful common
sense solution?

God I hate confrontation when I'm taking pictures, however if you put
yourself in the place of the other person..... "What would you do if some
photographer came onto your property or into your home and started taking
pictures?"

Wouldn't you kind of ask him to leave or throw him out the door?

I mean if you are not making your bread and butter out of the photography
you're doing, don't get into some pissy ass argument with a security guard
or whatever, as you're probably in a "no win" situation.

Besides you become the  GD photographer who's not making your living from
photography and you leave a pile of crap behind that we who do earn our
living from it, have to wade through after your home and in your cozy bed.

For heaven sake KISS it baby... Keep it simple, move on, have fun, take
pictures some place else.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant