Subject: Re: [Leica] Venting about photo ethics (formerly Copyright)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 09:58:55 -0700

On Tue, 19 June 2001, "Rodgers, David" wrote:

> Why should any business, or artists ever be angry at having their work
> photographed? There's no such thing as bad publicity.
>
> Dave

I've been adding a copyright notice and URL to the photos on my website.  I'd rather people ask before downloading my photos but policing it is impossible.  At least my name and the URL is on their screen, as a reminder of where to order decent prints.  The alternative is no web exposure.

> Is documentarian even a word?

If you can spell it, and others can understand it, then yes it's a word.

> BTW, this post is copywrited by the author. Any unathorized reproduction in
> full or in part without the express written consent of the author is
> prohibited....

Uh oh, I'm in for it now...

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento