Subject: RE: [Leica] Tripods and R gear
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 09:04:46 -0700

On Tue, 19 June 2001, "Rodgers, David" wrote:

> Doug
>
> >>not only for camera steadiness and MLU<<
>
> Quick question. Does the SL have MLU? I don't have the body with me right
> now and I can't recall that it does.
>
> Dave

Officially, no.  By flicking the shutter release as though flicking a pea off your plate the mirror will pop up and if you're flicking right the shutter release pops back up before the mirror reaches the top of its swing.   The shutter is then released either by pressing the release or by using the self-timer.  It takes some practice but once you get the hang of it it's easily repeatable.

Another way to pre-release an SL's mirror is to drop the camera onto concrete or a big rock but it's not as reliable and given a choice I wouldn't repeat the experience.

For the record I'd never really flick a pea off my plate.  They're too yummy to waste.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe