Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: attached file
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:28:07 -0700

> What software would you suggest for the Windows 98 platform?  I've been
> using Eudora Pro from some time now, and find my computer paralyzed
> while it sorts (via filters) incoming mail.

I use Windows Eudora 5.1 in Sponsored Mode (which means I don't pay
money but it shows me advertisements). I also use Pine and Elm and nmh
and mutt, but those programs have the characteristic that if you are
tech-savvy enough to use them, you will already know about them.

I get 2500 email messages a day, and I have more than 10 million saved
email messages. I use a 300MHz Pentium III machine (Compaq 5100) to
read mail. I don't find that Eudora 5.1 is slow or paralytic. In IMAP
mode there are some ways that it can be misconfigured, but in POP mode
it just works out of the box.

The rest of my family use Mulberry from Cyrusoft. I set it up for them
and they love it. I am toying with the idea of switching to it. See
http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/