Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: attached file
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 06:37:10 -0700

> You risk finding yourself sitting in a cell instead, as you've
> committed a felony under U.S. Federal law (and ...

This is completely false. He included six words in an email message
that caused some people's email software to panic. There was no "fake
virus". There was no attachment. If your software thought there was an
attachment or a fake virus, that is the fault of your software.

The use of Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express by LUG members causes
me several dozen hours a year of annoying extra work. It makes me smile
to see the tables turned a little. Outlook Express is such a totally
annoying piece of software, and people who use it are generally so smug
about it. It really makes my day to come across situations in which
people who use Outlook Express are inconvenienced to a greater degree
than people who use other software.