Subject: [Leica] Fuji Acros
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 01:13:58 EDT

I just got out of the darkroom after printing 2 rolls of Fuji Acros and all I
can say is WOW!  It has extremely fine grain and is very sharp with marvelous
tonality.  I can't be sure after only 2 rolls, but it appears to be nicer (in
my opinion) than Delta 100.  I developed it in XTOL 1:3 70 degrees 15.5
minutes in a JOBO.  This was about 10% too much time.  I think Xtol 1:3 makes
Delta 100 look too smooth and not sharp.  This is not the case with Acros.  I
made 8x10 prints and the grain was almost too fine for me to focus on with my
Peak magnifier.  In a couple pictures of my dog, his fur looks like it could
be used to slice bread.  The prints I made, even though they were done
quickly, are luscious.   With some more experience my results should only get
better.  I urge all the black and white shooters out there to get some of
this film and try it.  I got mine at Calumet; I assume it is available
elsewhere too.
Happy shooting,
Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Fuji Acros)