Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG: Your Softie
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:48:04 -0500

Ted:

>Gee that seems like an awful lot of work just to save one frame of film. ;-)
>Besides just before you put the camera in the bag shoot the frame, quite
>often it becomes a quite meaningful image, don't re-cock / advance the film!
>Place camera in bag!  No more wasted inside the bag images.

That's what I do.  My M6TTL was eating batteries like crazy.  I didn't
change how I was storing it, just made sure that before going in the bag, I
left it uncocked.  If that meant I needed to expose a frame, so be it.

I've seen John's post showing that an uncocked camera can still have current
through the battery terminals when the shutter button is depressed.  <shrug>
Maybe mine is quite joyous.  :)  In any event, my battery problems stopped
being such a drain once I got in the habit of leaving the camera uncocked
before putting it in the bag.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: WAS: Re: LUG: Your Softie NOW: M6 battery drain.)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] WAS: Re: LUG: Your Softie NOW: M6 battery drain.)