Subject: RE: [Leica] Ffordes
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:16:34 +0100

Gerry Walden wrote:

"You may be interested in the following I have just read on the web site of
one of the main Leica dealers in the UK:

After trading for more than 40 years in the Southend-on-Sea area of Essex we
have relocated our business to Invernesshire in Scotland and will commence
trading from our new premises from 5th June 2001."

Trouble is one of the reasons for going to ffordes used to be their great
trade in deals.

They were one of the *very* few dealers within easy reach of London that
didn't take the p**** with their trade in offers. Now the only option would
be to send the stuff to them, have them make an offer, and that's not going
to work.

Still, I'm sure they'll prefer the life up there.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.