Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL Strap Uncomfortable
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:45:40 -0500

See Angeline, I told you the question was not silly, we've already made it
into a day-long topic.  You should be proud of yourself!

Eric advises Angeline:

> I'm with Mark.  I go strapless.  Tried it both ways.  Camera and a few
rolls  of film go into a small waist pack.  When I lean over to get a drink
at a > water fountain, I don't have to worry about smacking my camera into
> anything.  When not shooting, I have both hands free rather than one
holding  on the camera.  My waist carries enough wait that a little more
doesn't  matter.  My neck doesn't like carrying weight.  My head must be too
big  already!  :)

SonC replies with his reasoning:
I agree with Eric and Mark  to an extent, and I often carry the camera with
a couple wraps of the strap around my hand.  It comes from my news days with
a B&H movie camera, strap on the palm just feels more secure.

Mark correctly points out, a strap around your neck increases the camera's
visibility; but I say, the strap around your hand adds the benefit of
security from a grab thief.

Usually my innate clumsiness comes to the forefront and I'm likely to
butterfinger a camera while changing film or lens on an M6 . . . hence the
dependence on the strap.    I've had a couple of "water fountain " instances
with the strap around my shoulder, but they're rare.

Regards,
SonC
http://www.SonC.com

Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: M6 TTL Strap Uncomfortable)