Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 14:46:54 -0600

- --=====================_7402153==_.ALT

At 02:55 PM 6/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> > This may be the case, but a "gray market" item is sold *without* a
> > manufacturer's warranty.
>
>That is not necessarily true.  If the warranty is transferable, then it
>matters not.

Call any of the gray marketeers and ask if it is a transferred Leica
warranty, or their store warranty.  I tell you from my experience in the
trade that it is not a Leica warranty.  But for your own piece of mind,
call B&H, call Leica, ask the appropriate people for the facts.

That "if" is a big if!

Kevin M. Bell
www.Camera-Collectors.Com

- --=====================_7402153==_.ALT

At 02:55 PM 6/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:<br>
&quot;gray market&quot; item is sold *without* a<br>
&gt; manufacturer's warranty.<br><br>
That is not necessarily true.&nbsp; If the warranty is transferable, then
it<br>
matters not.&nbsp; </blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Call any of the gray marketeers and ask if it is a transferred Leica
warranty, or their store warranty.&nbsp; I tell you from my experience in
the trade that it is not a Leica warranty.&nbsp; But for your own piece
of mind, call B&amp;H, call Leica, ask the appropriate people for the
facts. <br><br>
That &quot;if&quot; is a big if!<br><br>
Kevin M. Bell<br>