Subject: [Leica] RE:Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 15:44:58 -0400

Robert,
    First of all, Leica Camera Inc. (the US distributor is a subsidiary) of
Leica Camera AG.
    Everything they supply to official Leica dealers has a mylar sticker on
it saying "Officially distributed by Leica Camera Inc. Please be sure this
package contains the Leica Camera Inc. U.S. warranty."
    For an exact ruling on Leica's gray market policy, please check the
archives, sometime I asked Ray Tomaselli, VP Finance for Leica Camera Inc.
for an a statement of policy.
    While they tend to be understanding with people who buy point & shoots
and some lower end binoculars, they has to patience for someone who buys a
gray market M6, R8, or lenses.
    Good luck in your search. The next time I get out to Lancaster on an
assignment I try to let you know, may be we can get together.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA