Subject: RE: [Leica] Movement of Aperture Ring on Summicron-M 90 APO
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 09:15:31 -0400

> > Make em take it back!
>
> All well and good, but what if they refuse?  Also, I really need
> to determine whether or not this is within specifications for the
> lens.

Are you able to examine another 90 apo sample at the same store or another
in your area?  If so, this should answer your question.  It sounds from a
couple of the responses you've received here that the play in the aperture
ring is not the norm.  If that's the case, you should have no qualms about
taking it back and requesting an exchange for one whose build quality is
mint.

Most folks here in LUGland extend a no-questions-asked examination period
when buying their used gear.  I should hope you'd be given the same courtesy
when buying new equipment from your local shop.

Dan

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Movement of Aperture Ring on Summicron-M 90 APO)