Subject: RE: [Leica] Hexar RF v M6 film to lens register.
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 09:21:55 -0400

Frank,

Thanks for your observations.  I asked because some folks have stated that a
.1 mm difference in film to flange distance will make a rather dramatic
difference when shooting wide angle lenses at full aperture.  Since I've
never noticed any difference in images coming from the Hexar vs. my M6 using
the 35/1.4 wide open, I'm assuming this means the backfocus on my Hexar is
the same as my M6, or the difference is so small as to not have any
appreciable effect on my slides (that I can notice, anyway--and I don't know
what to look for other than lack of sharpness).

I agree with your opinions on the meter: I much prefer the partial metering
of the M6 to the center-weighted design of the Hexar.

Dan