Subject: Re: [Leica] back pain
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:52:04 -0500

>> Might not be as bad as you think. Yesterday, while at national Geo TV, I had
>> three Ms and a F3 and could have easily carried two more F3s, weight wise.
>
> Steve--
>
> I think the signs are becoming clear: I have a weak back.  Toting around a
> couple F bodies with two or three primes is my limit.  Maybe it has
> something to do with carrying our 7-month old around.  I need to train
> him to walk and carry my cameras.  Hey at least it's not my eyes (yet...)
>
> Hope your shoot went well.
>
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

Thanks, it went well. On the subject of back pain, several years ago I did
something to my back, a case of being out of shape and bending over to pick
up a medium size package. I am not sure what I did but the pain was terrible
and i was almost a cripple for a couple months. I never went to a doctor but
did do some reading and the two main things I found out seems to have given
me a HEALTHY back ever since. 1. is good posture. I consiously make it a
point to stand up straight, do not slump in a chair and when driving my car,
even though i have an ergonomic car seat, to pass the time while sitting
there I use the back muscles to force my lower spine in its proper position.
I think after several years of this I have built up the muscles in the lower
back. And #2. it is VERY important to sleep on your back. I use to be a
'tummy' sleeper and that (or side sleeping) is the worst thing you can do
for your back because for the 4/8 hours you are sleeping you are destroying
your spine.

Free advice from

Doctor Steve