Subject: Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:46:35 -0500

Steve LeHuray said:

> "Maybe it is like the dumbing down of our educational systems, auto
> everything is probably the dumbing down of photographers."

To which David Morton replies:

> So we see a clear progression from you not seeing a need for a sync speed
> faster than that of the F3 (which has a maximum sync speed of 1/80th, not
> 1/60th) to "the dumbing down of photographers".

On the F3 'X' is 1/80th and there is also 1/60

> Connecting a simple working requirement - to be able to use fill flash in
> bright daylight on a press assignment - to not knowing how to use equipment,
> or to "dumbing down", seems like a pejorative analysis to me.

David, please take it in the context of 'big' picture (no pun intended).
Everybody knows about the dumbing down of the educational system, the lack
of reading, writing & 'rithmatic, which are the reasons being given for
the sorry state of education today. My analogy was directed at AE,AF
cameras, etc. Meaning the lack of basic photography skills which exists for
a lot of new photographers today.

OK? Friends??

sl