Subject: [Leica] Re: A Red Dot story
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:13:02 -0500

Mark:

>The Leica shutter is an amazing classic. It's a main reason people buy the camera.

For the shutter??!  That's not even on my top 10 list.  I think the 1/50th
sync speed is "quaint" but I really don't mind.  Need fill in bright
sunlight?  Not a problem.  http://www.photoflex.com/ will take care of your
needs.  Plus, you don't need to worry about batteries for your flash.

I'd have bought a Leica if it had a modern shutter that synced at 1/250th
with a top speed of 1/12,000.  But it doesn't.  So rather than worrying
about all the times when I can't take a picture because of the sync speed, I
concentrate on the times when I can.  :)

Message from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story)