Subject: RE: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: "Carleton, Sam" <Sam.Carleton@FMR.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:23:08 -0400

This is a very interesting discussion for me.  I have been a Nikon shooter
for many years and a Leica shooter for a month.  One of the things I love
about my Nikons (F5 and F3) is its size and weight.  Another thing that I
swear by is the 100% view finder, the ability to see EXACTLY what is going
to be on the neg.  I also like the fact that both cameras show you the
shutter speed and aperture while looking through the camera. The motor drive
is another thing which is important to me.  The high flash sync of the F5
has resulted in some very nice images, another great feature...

Why did I get a Leica M6?  I have always wanted to shoot with the Leica M6.
I like low light photography and I have always understood why and how the
Leica excels in that.  I have always to shoot in place where camera where
normally too big and/or too loud.  The switch has been very interesting and
very enjoyable.  I think I am going to find my self shooting with the Leica
most of the time and only pulling out the Nikon for situation where the
Leica simply cannot cut it.

Sam

P.S.  Does anyone know why Leica has never updated the shutter in the M6?
Nikon has had a manual shutter with a 1/250 flash sync in the FM2 for over
ten years now.  Has Leica ever given a reason for not updating the shutter?