Subject: RE: [Leica] It's baaaaaaaaaaaack--and frooooont
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:49:34 -0500

John

>>A camera can unite, it can transcend, it can penetrate, it can celebrate,
it can
write poems, it can express love, hate... it can be a bullhorn, a magic
wand, a magnet, a key, a flag, a target. But clunk, no, it's a barrier.<<

Not sure what you mean by barrier. A camera can't do anything more than
capture a latent image on film. Photography isn't about the camera OR the
lens.

I know people who hide behind a camera. I've done it myself once or twice. I
get lost in the viewfinder, thinking I control what chunk of space/time is
immortalized.

I'm waiting for someone to surgically implant a CCD behind a retina, with
appropriate wiring to can capture digital images. Talk about unobtrusive.
I'll bet the technology is there. But the logistics? Plus a person would be
crazy to do such a thing...mainly because it's not a Leica.

Dave

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] It's baaaaaaaaaaaack--and frooooont)