Subject: Re: [Leica] Victor photos
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:34:35 -0500

Hey Victor,
I've gotten flare from just about every lens I've owned because I will
shoot into the light given a chance. I have the same 2 lenses you refer
to and find them to be very resistant to flare. I think anytime that the
sun is hitting the front element you may get flare. In fact, I think you
are really lucky if you don't get it everytime in that situation (direct
sun on the glass). A larger hood might help, if it does not intrude in
the picture while blocking the sun from the glass. A SLR is another
answer because you can see the flare when you're making the picture.
Other that this I don't think there is a miracle cure for flare. You've
got the best gear there is. IMO

Henry