Subject: [Leica] POW, Supra
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:46:56 -0400

	I recently attended a memorial service for my Aunt Eleanor in
Kensington, Maryland. Over the the weekend, I took a lot of pictures of
family members, using an M4-P with 50/2, 90/4, Ultron 35/1.7, Jupter-3,
and a Contax T2.  My favorite shot, and POW is
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=233010&size=lg
You may view this family album (aesthetic advisory in effect) at
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=121904
	I shot Fuji NPH and Kodak Supra 800.  The latter has been recommended
as optimal for scanning, and I'd have to agree. Most of the head shots
on the page were cropped from 1/3 to 1/4 of the negative, and held up
remarkably well. I think Kodak may have jumped in front of Fuji NHG II
800 (my previous favorite) with this film.
	I shoot weddings with a big, honking Nikon F100, flash on a bracket,
and zoom lens.  The big rig seems to supply the authority needed for
crowd control in lining up the obligatory family groups, and the flash
adds to the festivities. The memorial service was entirely opposite. I
traveled light, and worked discreetly.  The 50mm Summicron provided the
most keepers, especially given the option of cropping out small
sections.  Ilford XP-2 in the T2 rounded out the options.
	Regards,
	Phil Stiles NH USA

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] POW, Supra)