Subject: Re:[Leica]POW, Supra
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 18:18:59 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>I don't know why i knew it was 250.

Because Erwin says anything less is just wasting image quality. :+)

>As our eye tends to got to a highlight or light area first we'd perhaps >first look at the little girl.
>But the guy is such a strong foreground that it would go there first. And >its soft which is disconcerting. Especially since the earrings and that >ear are soft and that is the kind of detail which demands to be seen.

Well, when I like a shot, I take several frames.  My focus moved from
the girl, at first, then to the earring, as a midpoint. But the scene
was changing, and I liked Rachel's face in the first one. But, hey, you
want the earrings, here they are! [we call them "alternates," right?]
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=234030&size=md
Regards,
Phil