Subject: Re: [Leica] Campagnolo vs. Hexar now Rangefinder Heaven
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:06:06 -0500

>In a message dated 5/17/01 4:42:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>henry@henryambrose.com writes:
>
><< The new Leica lenses are the best lenses ever made. >>
>
>Henry, you must not be reading the unsettling reports of quality control
>problems a lot of LUGGERS are having with brand-new equipment out of Solms.
>While on very rare occasion a piece of equipment had to be returned or
>repaired, there was never this level of frightening quality problems from
>Leitz Wetzlar. Contact Tom.Henson@baker botts.com who has reported his
>horror
>stories here.
>
>Seth  LaK 9
Seth,
Yes, I have read the "unsettling reports".
I don't think Leica has gone to hell quite yet.
And even if they are on the road to hell they are making great lenses.
Period.

On 2 occaisions I have had to send new stuff back to them  for work but
they have fixed it correctly and both times within one week. One body,
one lens. Fixed, perfect.

I am SURE that the 35 ASPH and the 24 ASPH are the best ever made in
those lengths.
I've shot these a LOT.  A LOT!! They are GREAT!
I suspect they will become legends.

The new 28, I think is going to prove to be as wonderful if not more.

The 75 is an amazing lens.

The new 90 APO likewise.

To me it seems that the whole line up is the best you can buy.

Leica is making the best stuff. Who makes all the "better-than-Leica"
glass?

My last experience was with a new lens. It should not have been shipped
working as it did. They sent me another right away.  I guess QC lets some
things slip through. I think that happens with every manufacturer.

I wonder sometimes if some folks just buy the stuff and look for flaws
and play with it until they screw it up. Put the lens on the camera and
some film in the back of it and go make pictures.

ARE THE PICTURES GREAT?????

IME, Leica stands behind their products. Which are the best products in
their class.

Henry