Subject: [Leica] Leica/photographing birds
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:06:40 -0700

I am scheduled to join others in a bird shooting venture (birds in trees
only) this Saturday. Would those of you with experience re same please
advise me which equipment to bring? I have the old 400 f/6.8 and the old 350
f/4.8 as well as the 180 f/2.8 APO. I also have the 2x APO extender.
Regarding bodies, I have an old R4, an R7, and, my favorite, the R8. Since
the 400 and 350 are older CAM styles, I might not get f stop and shutter
speed displays in my R8's viewfinder. Therefore, should I leave the R8 at
home and bring the R4 or R7? Thanks for your responses.

Terry