Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W pictures
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:54:16 +0100

- --=====================_4695742==_.ALT

The follwoing was at the bottom of Erwins latest email, and is a crying
shame. Whether the man is right or wrong, he has a right to the freedom of
speech that so many profess to hold so dear (as, indeed, do his critics).
His technical input ot this board has been immense, and to lose him was be
a tremendous loss. Isn't it time to stop warring now that casualty list is
taking some of our finest members?

Gerry

- --=====================_4695742==_.ALT

is a crying shame. Whether the man is right or wrong, he has a right to
the freedom of speech that so many profess to hold so dear (as, indeed,
do his critics). His technical input ot this board has been immense, and
to lose him was be a tremendous loss. Isn't it time to stop warring now
that casualty list is taking some of our finest members?<br>
Gerry<br>
At 00:21 16-05-01 -0700, you wrote:<br>
to the type of mud slinging that I have<br>
had to face during my presence on the Lug and the last episode is a
fine<br>
example of to what length&nbsp; some individuals are prepared to go to
attack me.<br>
I apologize to all of you that I have let myself been drawn into a
silly<br>
fight that is not a fine example of a decent discurse. My girlfriend
did<br>
warn me!<br>
I got scores of emails of friends who wonder why I am still posting to
the<br>
Lug, giving the hostile environment.<br>
I am wondering myself.<br>
I am going on holiday now for a longer period and so stop posting for
a<br>
while. I am not sure I will return.<br>